Pages

Saturday, August 31, 2013

The Simple Life


'Simple', the word can be used in many ways, but what does it mean to me? Simple is not having to worry about dramatic things happening or when the next time I get to have a relaxing day will be. I have a set routine I live by. I live in less than 100 square feet in between a horse corral, dog training kennel, and a corn field. I see the stars and constellations every night, and watch the sunrise up against the fluffy white New Mexican clouds every morning. Instead of paying rent, I earn my keep by training dogs and doing farm chores. Someone famous once said something about chores aren't really chores if your having fun, and that's pretty much how I live my life.


I have come to the realization that there's no point in doing work I don't enjoy unless it will help me accomplish something else I want to do. Every day is spent covered in mud, working with horses, and having a dog by my side. There are things that aren't worth fighting for any more, and I know what I stand for. Of course that's an ever changing thing, but for now, I'm done letting the little things interfere with my life.

In the middle of Southern New Mexico, I have found peace, quiet, and an even balance between school and living my life they way I want to. Advice for the rest of the world? Balance things. Make your work play, and figure out how to enjoy life as much as you can. Don't just do school, there are other things you can do with school that will make your life so much more enjoyable.
XOXO
Kyia + Lucas


No comments:

Post a Comment